Well what a beautiful day! I've just come back from a 2 hour walk with my crazy dogs. We had a lovely time and even saw a kingfisher. I hope you are all outside and making the most of the sunshine today!
What a busy week we had this week, we've each written a discussion about the advantages and disadvantages of wind farms. I've selected some to go up on our display. I must say that there has been a big improvement in handwriting since September. Mr Thomas is very impressed with how much you've all come on and I'm delighted too- it makes your work so much easier to read- keep it up!
We went up to the school pond this week to have a nosy and see what we could see, also we needed to release some of our tadpoles as our tank was too full- a big thank you to Bronwyn and her mum for rescuing the frogspawn and sending it into school for us. We did a few dips in the pond and found some very interesting things- lots of tadpoles, water scorpions, water nymphs and more frogspawn. Everyone was very interested in the things we caught, we spent a lot of time looking at them back in the classroom. Our tadpoles are looking much happier now- we've kept about 12 which should leave them enough space to grow into frogs. We have started to fill in our frog life cycle diaries and we will be keeping a close eye on the tadpoles to see what they do next!
We were very sad to say goodbye to Shania yesterday, we hope she has a lovely time in her new school and we wish her lots of luck. We also said goodbye to Mrs Williams who has been teaching us on a Friday afternoon while Mrs Griffiths has her PPA time.
Well that's all for now. Enjoy the sunshine and I will see you on Monday, try and remember your smoothie letters and your contribution of £1 to help us buy the ingredients.
Mrs G.
What a very busy week year 3, I'm keen to see the improved handwriting....see hard work does pay off! Da Iawn!
ReplyDelete